Tag Freezes on Connection in App Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on an app that acts as a central, client device for Sense Kit tags, connecting to up to four Sense Kits and relaying notifications over the Peripheral UART.

My image works fine in download mode, but it doesn't work properly in app mode. Here's what I'm seeing:

My advertising report callback calls    blecen_Conn(LOW_CONN, evt->wd_addr, evt->addressType);    when it sees a Sense Kit. My connection up handler eventually returns without a problem, as does my advertising report callback.

Once this has happened though, my app timer stops. After four seconds, the watchdog resets the tag, and the process begins again.

Can I get any documentation on blecen_Conn? I need to understand what side effects might be occurring here.

I don't see this problem in download mode; the tag connects to the Sense Kit, the app timer keeps ticking, and everything carries on as I would expect.

I've attached my source.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm surprised I was able to, but I traced it to a missing Write Response Callback. Apparently, if a write response comes in without a callback handled, the whole SDK just locks up until the watchdog knocks it over. That seems like the sort of thing you could really produce a useful error for.

View solution in original post

4 Replies