Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am trying to switch the pins on the buzzer and buttons for the hello sensor sample app. I was wondering if someone could tell me the exact lines to modify. I want to modify the buzzer to PIN26 and the button to PIN24.

I also have a question on the IRQ setup. Below I have some code to setup a IRQ handler. It works on PIN4 which I had previously set it up for but not for PIN24. This doesn't seem correct since a UINT16 could not handle 1<<24.

#define BUTTON_PIN 24

UINT16 masks[3] = {(1 << BUTTON_PIN), 0 , 0};

gpio_registerForInterrupt(masks, gpio_interrupt_handler, NULL);

Thank you,

George

0 Likes
1 Solution
ArvindS_76
Employee

I will assume you mean the logical pin P24 (and not the physical pin on the SoC/Module/package).

The 40 logical GPIOs are in 3 ports - Port 0 has P0-P15, Port 1 has P16-P31 and Port 2 has P32-P39. The masks array is an array of the three ports and the corresponding GPIO on that port. In general, port = P#/16 and pin = P#%16. So what you really need is:

UINT16 masks[3] = {0, 1 << (24 % 16) , 0};

The buzzer is driven by the PWM block. See pwm_tones sample app.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ArvindS_76
Employee

I will assume you mean the logical pin P24 (and not the physical pin on the SoC/Module/package).

The 40 logical GPIOs are in 3 ports - Port 0 has P0-P15, Port 1 has P16-P31 and Port 2 has P32-P39. The masks array is an array of the three ports and the corresponding GPIO on that port. In general, port = P#/16 and pin = P#%16. So what you really need is:

UINT16 masks[3] = {0, 1 << (24 % 16) , 0};

The buzzer is driven by the PWM block. See pwm_tones sample app.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...

So I got that all working. However, in my case statement inside the gpio handler I am getting 0x28 (40 dec) as the GPIO that triggered the IRQ. However, I defined the IRQ as P24 (yes, the logical P24) so I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thank You,

George

0 Likes
ArvindS_76
Employee

The value returned is a bit mask. Bits 4:0 is the pin number and bits 6:5 is the port number.

0x28 >> 5 = 1 = port 1

0x28 & 0x1F = 8 = pin 8

Port 1, Pin 8 is P24.

0 Likes