cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

1 Solution
Which one of the SDKs included profiles are you using to test your application? Which evaluation board are your using?  BCM920732 Tag board?

When you have a chance, please explain what you are trying to do and I will work with the SW team to help resolve the issue.

Typically a beacon does not possess any services and might not be even connectable.  Its my understanding that the typical role of a beacon is to send advertisements which contain information.  Is this what you are trying to accomplish?  Please note that advertisement data can be included in 2 places, the advertisement packet itself and within a scan response.  Make sure that on the Android side you are checking for the correct data. 

If you are implementing a standard peripheral devices, weve never seen a situation where the client cannot perform a GATT service discovery if the server has a valid database implemented.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Which one of the SDKs included profiles are you using to test your application? Which evaluation board are your using?  BCM920732 Tag board?

When you have a chance, please explain what you are trying to do and I will work with the SW team to help resolve the issue.

Typically a beacon does not possess any services and might not be even connectable.  Its my understanding that the typical role of a beacon is to send advertisements which contain information.  Is this what you are trying to accomplish?  Please note that advertisement data can be included in 2 places, the advertisement packet itself and within a scan response.  Make sure that on the Android side you are checking for the correct data. 

If you are implementing a standard peripheral devices, weve never seen a situation where the client cannot perform a GATT service discovery if the server has a valid database implemented.

View solution in original post

0 Likes