Regarding reading the service UUID to NULL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
Which one of the SDKs included profiles are you using to test your application? Which evaluation board are your using?  BCM920732 Tag board?

When you have a chance, please explain what you are trying to do and I will work with the SW team to help resolve the issue.

Typically a beacon does not possess any services and might not be even connectable.  Its my understanding that the typical role of a beacon is to send advertisements which contain information.  Is this what you are trying to accomplish?  Please note that advertisement data can be included in 2 places, the advertisement packet itself and within a scan response.  Make sure that on the Android side you are checking for the correct data. 

If you are implementing a standard peripheral devices, weve never seen a situation where the client cannot perform a GATT service discovery if the server has a valid database implemented.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
Which one of the SDKs included profiles are you using to test your application? Which evaluation board are your using?  BCM920732 Tag board?

When you have a chance, please explain what you are trying to do and I will work with the SW team to help resolve the issue.

Typically a beacon does not possess any services and might not be even connectable.  Its my understanding that the typical role of a beacon is to send advertisements which contain information.  Is this what you are trying to accomplish?  Please note that advertisement data can be included in 2 places, the advertisement packet itself and within a scan response.  Make sure that on the Android side you are checking for the correct data. 

If you are implementing a standard peripheral devices, weve never seen a situation where the client cannot perform a GATT service discovery if the server has a valid database implemented.
0 Likes