RF spike in BCM20713

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GiMa_1343986
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like received First reply posted

Dear community,

I use a BCM20713 in a product. During bluetooth test performed in a shielded chamber with a Bluetooth protocol analyzer I found that in more or less 20% of products there are a spike in the BT modulation in time domain. This noise makes that you are unable to perform the measurement properly. In particular the instrument says me that the packet is incorrect.

In detail, I'm try to performs a transmit test from the DUT to the instrument using EDR BT technology.

the spike seems happens at the transmitter turn-on.

In annex a snapshot of that.

Could you please let me know what can generate this behaviour and how I can try to solve it?

thanks a lot,

BR,

Giordano

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I am not familiar with that part number.

Currently, only the BCM20732/36/37 are supported here in the Bluetooth forums.  For all other devices, you will need to work with the local/regional Cypress team to setup support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I am not familiar with that part number.

Currently, only the BCM20732/36/37 are supported here in the Bluetooth forums.  For all other devices, you will need to work with the local/regional Cypress team to setup support.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you make sure that the schematics and layout guidelines for RF are properly followed? Do you have any high current traces near your RF Trace?

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes