Questions concerning Bluetooth SIG Qualification/Declaration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasmc_2125571
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

We are nearing the point of beginning the Bluetooth SIG qualification/declaration process with our BCM20736S-based design.  I've been reading through forum posts concerning this process and have a few questions that could use some clarification.

I found that these posts by mwf_mmfae and others provided good background on the issue:

Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?

Bluetooth SIG Certification/QDID Assigments

I'm reading these to mean that the Bluetooth SIG "Qualification" step is not required -- only "Declaration".  Is this correct?

The crux of the question we have is whether the fact that we have written application firmware that runs on the BCM20736S results in a "change to the stack" that will require additional testing., or whether we can legitimately use QDID 51750 (End product) (or should it be the component one?), pay the declaration listing fee, and have no further testing required?

For background, our application exposes the DIS (Device Information Service) standard service and several user-defined services/characteristics.

Thanks,

David Smith

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I would start with the guide here: Do I Need to List and/or Qualify My Product? | Bluetooth Technology Website

And select Path 1, which indicates all you need to do on your side is go through the declaration process:

• Product listing
  • Declaration fee
  • Agree & submit

This would essentially be a paperwork drill as defined here: Declare Your Bluetooth Product Meets SIG Standards | Bluetooth Technology Website

The way it was explained to me originally was that in order to create an End Product from our End Product listing/QDID, the layers above HCI are needed. This is straight-forward on the BCM2073XS devices as this family is an End Product listing because the stack and profiles are included in ROM.

You will need your own Declaration ID, which incurs the listing fee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I would start with the guide here: Do I Need to List and/or Qualify My Product? | Bluetooth Technology Website

And select Path 1, which indicates all you need to do on your side is go through the declaration process:

• Product listing
  • Declaration fee
  • Agree & submit

This would essentially be a paperwork drill as defined here: Declare Your Bluetooth Product Meets SIG Standards | Bluetooth Technology Website

The way it was explained to me originally was that in order to create an End Product from our End Product listing/QDID, the layers above HCI are needed. This is straight-forward on the BCM2073XS devices as this family is an End Product listing because the stack and profiles are included in ROM.

You will need your own Declaration ID, which incurs the listing fee.