Questions about the design of the proposed BRCM J-Link Cable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you guys made a J-Link cable yet?

As far as custom cable, please clarify if my understanding is correct:

- The cable doesn't need power, resistors or capacitors - we need to connect 5 wires from the J-Link connector to the board (PWR_VIO, SWDIO, SWDCLK, GND, RESET) and that's it

- PWR_VIO and GND of the board can be connected to J-Link's pins 1 and 20, respectively

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, you will need to have this intermediary card as shown in Fig 2 so that you can connect the 20-pin debugger to the 4-pin (J10) tag3 board. There are some good pictures of this interface card on the internet...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello filipps,

Have you seen this post:

WICED Smart J-Link Debugger

Hope this helps

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, so the question is about the schematic on figure 2. What I wanted to clarify is if I needed to solder all of the schematic together (the pull-up resistors, capacitors, power connections, etc.) or if all of that is already in the J-Link device, and I only need to connect the 5 pins on the J-Link outlet to the board.

Also, the forum mentioned that you guys were working on a cable adapter we can buy, is that ready yet?

0 Likes

Yes, you will need to have this intermediary card as shown in Fig 2 so that you can connect the 20-pin debugger to the 4-pin (J10) tag3 board. There are some good pictures of this interface card on the internet...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

filipps is this still an issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Kevin,

Thanks for following up! I think I got the answer, which is that you guys don't yet have a commercially available adapter, so we do need to put together an adapter that has the pull-up resistors and the capacitor as pointed out in the instructions for setting up J-Link. I haven't tried them yet (it will take me another couple weeks to get to that), but, based on the simplicity of the instructions, I am guessing I'll succeed

Thanks,

Filipp