Problem with the advertisement report

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am developing a Client app. I want to receive the addr of a joystick (I know its address); so, I make a scan and I receive address of other devices, except the joystick. I am sure that my joystick works fine because I can identify it in my cell phone. The problem is that the app can't receive advertisement from the joystick. I tried to change scan type, scan address type, scan filter policy and it didn't work. I don't know if there is a filter that prevents Bluetooth chip could receive some address from some kind of device.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Does your joystick support BLE? I suspect it doesn't. That's why your phone (probably Android with a dual mode (Classic+BLE) device) can detect your joystick but not from your 20737 (BLE mode only) based device. For example, I have an old bluetooth speaker and it can only be detected by my iphone but not on my 737 client. On the other hand, I have to use a BLE based app (LightBlue) to scan for BLE devices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Does your joystick support BLE? I suspect it doesn't. That's why your phone (probably Android with a dual mode (Classic+BLE) device) can detect your joystick but not from your 20737 (BLE mode only) based device. For example, I have an old bluetooth speaker and it can only be detected by my iphone but not on my 737 client. On the other hand, I have to use a BLE based app (LightBlue) to scan for BLE devices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible. The joystick is a Viaplay-F2-HID. I am lookig if it supports BLE or not.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spent some time myself trying to figure out if Viaplay-F2-HID supports BLE but I don't think it does. This is most probably the reason why you are not able to discover the device using 737.