Only first Characteristics visible

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm developing on the Broadcom BCM20736S module. The firmware should present two custom services and severeal characteristics with 128 bit UUIDs together with the "standard" ones for name.

The first custom service contains four characteristics with the associated service's UUID128 imcremented by one to four. They contain 3, 20, 18 and 1 byte large data.

The second custom service is considerably larger with 11 characteristics.

I'm using the Wiced Smart Explorer on an Android 5.1.1 device. I can connect to the device with the correct name showing and discover besides Generic Attribute Service and the Generic Access Service with its characteristics Device Name and Appearance and the first Unknown Service with two unknown characteristics. They show the right UUID128, but the second custom service is missing as well as the two additional characteristics from the first custom service.

My program is minimal: Inside the _create-function I use bleprofile_Init(bleprofile_p_cfg), bleprofile_GPIOInit(bleprofile_gpio_p_cfg), bleprofile_Discoverable and an init funciton for the PUART.

Configuration for BLE, PUART and GPIO are used with the bleapp_set_cfg.

All services are primary services.

I'm a little stuck now - where should I look and did I commit any common error?

Best regards

Hannes Baumgart

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say it's possible there's a typo or some other error in the GATT declaration, like perhaps a handle number out of order.  It might be a good idea to create an app from scratch using the WICED Bluetooth Designer / Smart Designer wizard that comes built into the SDK.  This will create your GATT database automatically and prevent anything like this from happening, especially since you've got such a large number of attributes.  It'll also create the framework for a new application for you to start from. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say it's possible there's a typo or some other error in the GATT declaration, like perhaps a handle number out of order.  It might be a good idea to create an app from scratch using the WICED Bluetooth Designer / Smart Designer wizard that comes built into the SDK.  This will create your GATT database automatically and prevent anything like this from happening, especially since you've got such a large number of attributes.  It'll also create the framework for a new application for you to start from. 

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

andrew997 is correct as there is most likely a typo somewhere in your GATT DB declaration.

Since GATT DB creation is heavy on syntax, SmartDesigner is a good tool to use as it will help you avoid alot of the common mistakes.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

thanks, this really solved the problem, how embarassing...

Still haven't found the error in the original GATT database, but won't search for it anymore.

Best regards

Hannes Baumgart

0 Likes

Excellent news.  Thanks for updating the thread.

0 Likes