More questions on Europe and Canada approval for BCM2073XS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiGo_1216526
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ...

In this thread: Re: Europe and Canada approval for BCM20732S, you said the EN 301489 is only neccesary on system level, you mean only for a end product ?!?

But for a CE certification (BCM92073x Board is CE marked) is this test a basic requirment - please correct me if I´m wrong.

And in this case the board have to pass this test .. correct ??

My question is .. are there any documents that the BCM20736s is able to pass this test ?? I know at the end the whole system have to be tested. But this kind of document help for the right decision for my customer.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

EN 301 489-17, V2.2.1

[BRCM] Yes, required at system level.

I think you are confusing the regulatory process for the SIP module (customers leverage our existing certifications in their own end product or system) and the regulatory process we did for the BCM92073X TAG3 evaluation board, which is CE marked as that certification needed to be done for Europe so our distributors could stock the eval board as an end product.

The CE document that I provided your regional sales manager (pnorbury) contains information on EN 301 489-17 as it pertains to the SIP module, not the TAG3 evaluation board.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies