Is there a simple "Hello World" example that shows how to output to the PUART?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to get the PUART configured correctly. Is there a simple "Hello World" example that demonstrates how to output to the PUART? I saw the puart_control, but that's vast overkill. I'm looking for the simplest example that I can reference when writing my own code.

Thanks,

Derek

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is sample code on page 15 or 16 of

MMP920732HW-AN101-R.

Yes, It says 732... but all the examples in here I believe apply to 736 and 737 also.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

/WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/ota_firmware_upgrade is the only other PUART sample I am aware of...

I believe one of our partners, embeddedmasters has written some sample PUART apps as well, including a driver that runs on an MCU (EFM/SiLabs?).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but to clarify, I'm first just looking for code that will output "Hello World" on the PUART, nothing fancier than that. After I get that going then I'll research the deeper functionality. I reviewed the API documentation but unfortunately it does not have any code snippets or examples.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is sample code on page 15 or 16 of

MMP920732HW-AN101-R.

Yes, It says 732... but all the examples in here I believe apply to 736 and 737 also.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The document is here: WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces (check out page 16)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dsmith Did you get a chance to look at the Smart Hardware document?

0 Likes