Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

RoHe_4370821
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm developing a master application and wish to synchronize to a slave, which has a characteristic from which I may obtain it's advertisment timing.

Is there any way to obtain the scan timer value from the ble central stack, please? If not, I will have to identify and record the time that blecen_Scan() is called by the application and do the timing with the fine timer instead.

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61

Hi RoHe_4370821 ,

Sorry that I missed to respond to your last query.

However there is no direct way for that . You may have to set a variable and track in the timer call back. I don't see any other way.

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi RoHe_4370821 ,

Could you please clarify the query ?

What do you mean by scan timer value? Do you mean scanning interval / scan time out value of your Central device ? or the time at which when your Central found out the advertising device ? Can you please clarify ?

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
RoHe_4370821
New Contributor II

Hi Anjana,

I mean the scanning interval / scan time out value of my Central device.

Regards,
Rab

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi RoHe_4370821 ,

You can set the scan interval and duration of your BLE Central device by the changing the structure parameters of BLE_CEN_CFG ( /WICED-Smart-SDK/include/blecen.h )

In hello_client example , they are using default parameters as below. You may change as per your application requirement:

// Blecen default parameters.  Change if appropriate

//blecen_cen_cfg.scan_type                = HCIULP_ACTIVE_SCAN;

//blecen_cen_cfg.scan_adr_type            = HCIULP_PUBLIC_ADDRESS;

//blecen_cen_cfg.scan_filter_policy       = HCIULP_SCAN_FILTER_POLICY_WHITE_LIST_NOT_USED;

//blecen_cen_cfg.filter_duplicates        = HCIULP_SCAN_DUPLICATE_FILTER_ON;

//blecen_cen_cfg.init_filter_policy       = HCIULP_INITIATOR_FILTER_POLICY_WHITE_LIST_NOT_USED;

//blecen_cen_cfg.init_addr_type           = HCIULP_PUBLIC_ADDRESS;

//blecen_cen_cfg.high_scan_interval       = 96;       // slots

//blecen_cen_cfg.low_scan_interval        = 2048;     // slots

//blecen_cen_cfg.high_scan_window         = 48;       // slots

//blecen_cen_cfg.low_scan_window          = 18;       // slots

//blecen_cen_cfg.high_scan_duration       = 30;       // seconds

//blecen_cen_cfg.low_scan_duration        = 300;      // seconds 

//blecen_cen_cfg.high_conn_min_interval   = 40;       // frames

//blecen_cen_cfg.low_conn_min_interval    = 400;      // frames

//blecen_cen_cfg.high_conn_max_interval   = 56;       // frames

//blecen_cen_cfg.low_conn_max_interval    = 560;      // frames

//blecen_cen_cfg.high_conn_latency        = 0;        // number of connection event

//blecen_cen_cfg.low_conn_latency         = 0;        // number of connection event

//blecen_cen_cfg.high_supervision_timeout = 10;       // N * 10ms

//blecen_cen_cfg.low_supervision_timeout  = 100;      // N * 10ms

//blecen_cen_cfg.conn_min_event_len       = 0;        // slots

//blecen_cen_cfg.conn_max_event_len       = 0;        // slots

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
RoHe_4370821
New Contributor II

Hi Anjana,

Yes, I understand that I may set values for these things.

What I'm looking for is to obtain the value of the timer that results in a call to the userTimercb. For example, in the hello_client example there is hello_client_timer_callback() which has a case for BLEAPP_APP_TIMER_SCAN. How may I access the value of the timer that will result in this callback being called with this argument, please? Is there a way to read the timer value, or is this hidden from the application?

I'd like for my application to be able to read a variable that shows how long it had been scanning when a connection is made.
E.g. If the application begins scanning at t=0, then connection is made at t=500ms, then I know it has scanned for 500ms prior to the connection_up event. I can use a variable within the fine_timer along with some flags to do this. But, it would be cleaner if I could just read the scan timer value directly, if possible.

Regards,

Rab

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi RoHe_4370821 ,

Sorry that I missed to respond to your last query.

However there is no direct way for that . You may have to set a variable and track in the timer call back. I don't see any other way.

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post