How to use HID profile on BCM20737?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I see that there's an HID profile for BLE, as shown in this link. Are there any examples of how to do this using BCM20737?

Thanks,

Derek

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was told by the developers that if you are interested in the HID over GATT profile, you can use apps/watch sample to see how to implement a keyboard. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I asked around about this late last year and was told by the Product Manager that the existing A1 flavor of the module (20736Swill support the HID Device/GATT server portion of HOGP :https://developer.bluetooth.org/TechnologyOverview/Pages/HOGP.aspx

It's therefore my understanding that within this capacity, our 20736S/37S Module could send HID Reports over BLE to an HID only device connected on the other end of the link, that device would then control the consumer device like a TV, Game Console, etc.  We have HID only devices, but they are not part of the offering supported here on the website.

I will have to check with the developers to see if we have any code in the SDK that leverages the alleged HID capabilities.

kellyr

0 Likes

I was told by the developers that if you are interested in the HID over GATT profile, you can use apps/watch sample to see how to implement a keyboard. 

0 Likes