How to use BCM920732TAG_Q32 as a Bluetooth client

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I want to use BCM920732TAG_Q32 as a Bluetooth client.

I referred Wiced_SDK1.0.1 in which all sample apps are using it as peripheral.

As discussed in this forum WICED_SDK2.0.1 contains hello_client but it will not work for BCM920732TAG_Q32 development kit.

Please suggest some solution.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

This thread provides some pointers to Central/Client examples within the previous SDK 1.1, which is still available here on the community website: WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

Note however that the Central/Client examples within SDK 2.0 are more numerous and better supported.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

This thread provides some pointers to Central/Client examples within the previous SDK 1.1, which is still available here on the community website: WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

Note however that the Central/Client examples within SDK 2.0 are more numerous and better supported.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf_mmfae,

thank you.

I am new to this.

I am referring SDK1.1 now.

Can I write a new application in this SDK?

I tried to create a folder in RAM folder. I changed the AAP_SRC = time123.c and tried to compile it using the target :  RAM.time123-BCM920732TAG_Q32

It is giving me this error: 

make[2]: makefile.arm: No such file or directory

make[2]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `makefile.arm'.  Stop.

make[1]: *** [../tier2/brcm/time123/bld/A_20732A0/20732_ram_ext.st.symdefs] Error 2

make: *** [RAM.time123-BCM920732TAG_Q32] Error 2

Am i missing something ??

0 Likes

Are you creating a new Make Target with the same name as the project folder you created, then double-clicking the make file in the Make Target window?

For instance (assuming you are using SDK 2.0 and the new TAG3 board) in order to create a new project under /apps called myproject, first copy and paste one of the existing projects like automation_io, then rename the folder/project to something like myproject

Then, create a Make Target called myproject-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download. To do so, right click automation_io-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download and select copy.  Now paste the same and rename it myproject-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download (needs to be entered exactly like this as the tool uses the naming structure as the path to the files).

Now double-click on the Make Target "myproject-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download"

This should work since all you really did was rename the automation_io project.  You can now start modifying the code in the project you created to fit your application.

Note that this process is also partially described in the Quick Start Guide as well.

I believe the errors you are seeing occur when you highlight the project folder you created and use the Project menu at the top of the Eclipse GUI to initiate a build.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf_mmfae,

I had followed the same process and was compiling the project by creating make Target.

According to the error :

make[1]: *** [../tier2/brcm/time123/bld/A_20732A0/20732_ram_ext.st.symdefs] Error 2

I added 20732_ram_ext.st.symdefs file and now its compiling properly.

thank you.