How to test "watch" example (ANCS client) app from WICED Smart SDK with iPhone?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I have WICED Sense Kit: http://www.broadcom.com/products/wireless-connectivity/bluetooth/wiced-sense

And also I have Apple iPhone.

In WICED Smart SDK there's example named "watch" which is ANCS client ( The Apple Notification Center Service  )

Watch app example designed to handle Apple iPhone notifications (calls, SMS, etc.), but when I try to pair it with my iPhone - no luck.

Does iPhone require special application to test "watch" example from WICED Smart SDK ?

Questions:

1) How to test "watch" example app from WICED Smart SDK with iPhone?

2) Does anybody have source code and/or application for iPhone to test "watch" example for WICED Sense? (if iPhone have no built-in support for watch and additional application required)

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

The "Watch" app in the SDK is intended to be used on the tag3 eval board, and not the Sense kit.

Once the app is being downloaded onto the tag3 board, It is quite straightforward to initiate pairing from the iphone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

The "Watch" app in the SDK is intended to be used on the tag3 eval board, and not the Sense kit.

Once the app is being downloaded onto the tag3 board, It is quite straightforward to initiate pairing from the iphone.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Is it even possible to pair WICED Sense (with appropriate SW) with iPhone and then receive notifications (calls, SMS, etc.) from iPhone to WICED Sense ?

0 Likes

Seems like it should be possible, but has never been tested.  For this app, we always suggest the TAG3 board as it is fairly straightforward on that platform.

0 Likes