How to scan for near beacons (ble devices) with cybt-213043-mesh kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4350541
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello everyone,

Befone i knew this awesome stuff of ble mesh i already used another ble module to do some tasks. In my other project i scan for some seconds and get the near ble devices with their respectives rssi. It's possible to do that on 213043-02 module? And do you have some idea of how can i do that?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

I have attached a simple client application which will scan for the BLE devices and will list the devices.

This may be helpful for your requirement .

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Please refer to BLE_HelloClient example available in modus tool box.

File-> New->ModusToolboxIDEApplication->CYBT-213043-EVAL->BLE_HelloClient

Thanks,
Anjana

Thanks for the tip Anjana.

I looked at the example but it's still a little confusing for me. This is actually my first application using a Cypress module.

My first step would be to scan (or observe) for unprovisioned beacons, collect their mac addresses and rssi and show them in a serial debug. Repeat this process as soon as possible to ensure all surrounding beacons have responded (in my other application the time was 5s but I would like to reduce it).

Next step would be to send this list of beacons + rssi to some gateway (ble mesh with gatt connection) that would send them to the cloud.

I'm still trying but any help would be valuable.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

I have attached a simple client application which will scan for the BLE devices and will list the devices.

This may be helpful for your requirement .

Thanks,
Anjana

Thanks Anjana, that will help a lot.

But i can't upload the code into my dev board. Some errors occour.

When i open the project the this error happens

error0.png

And when i try to upload the code another 2 errors

error1.png

error2.png

I tryed to copy the wiced_bt_cfg.c from other project and add to this one but nothing changed. Do you have some idea what's happening?

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

I reattached the project with necessary files. You should be able to port this. I am using MTB 1.1 BTSDK 1.3

If you are not able to import, you can just open any demo examples and can change the project files and modus.mk file appropriately.

Or you can just refer to the implementation and edit the hello_client demo .

Thanks,
Anjana