How to change the name of service

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am working on the app of heart rate monitor and i want to change the name of service for example in my mobile it is appear like "heart rate measurement" i want to change this to "sensor reading".

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I don't think I was being clear in my previous comment. When I said the "app" in my previous comment, I meant to say the "mobile app". To be clear, from now on I'll will explicitly say "mobile app" when I'm referring to the app on your mobile and just "app" when referring to the app on your BLE device with GATT database.

The names of services displayed on your mobile app are handled by the mobile app not by your firmware app on the BLE device. Heart Rate Monitor app in our SDK uses Bluetooth SIG defined UUIDs for services and characteristics that have specific data formats and names. So you should stick with those names if possible.

If you want to see different names on the mobile app, you'll have to change the source code of the mobile app.

Hope this clarifies somethings.

James

Services | Bluetooth Development Portal

Characteristics | Bluetooth Development Portal

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies