How the sense get data from the chips?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our team is trying to develop a project using the WICED Sense KIT, during this project, there are some questions:

I've  learned the five chips (hts221...etc) which sense temperature, humid...etc.  The data sheet and the layout from the link

WICED Sense Reference Design Schematic (PDF)

They both tell me that we are working on I2C mode.  But my question is that we have 5 chips that all need to send data to the 20737 BLE chip, they all transfer data on the same line SDA. How does it work? Is the I2C EXPANDER working? And How the I2C EXPANDER works?

Another question is that, I'm wondering the PINS in the same link(WICED Sense Reference Design Schematic (PDF) )

which the PINS connecting to TPx (x mean numbers EX: TP3), what are these links link to? Are they the PINS that control by the drivers header( in the IDE )?

Thanks for helping me ~

Henry Chang

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I2C is a bus.  The expander helps with the loading aspects on the bus once 4 or more sensors are added.

Take a look at the iOS and Android source here: WICED Sense Table of Contents for examples which include the processing of the sensor data within an application.

I'm not aware of any headers on WICED Sense kit which allow direct access to I2C (just the test points) as this kit was not really designed to be a development tool.

TP3 connects to GPIO P2/Physical Pin 31 per the datasheet here: BCM20737S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies