cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

WaSu_1697556
New Contributor II

Hi,

Based on WICED Smart SDK 2.2.2, how long does it generally take to de-frag volatile section (0x1000 bytes) of sflash?

I repeated write<->delete to force de-frag.  I confirmed that when de-frag happens, remaining valid data compacted to contiguous pages toward the start address of volatile section.

It seems that de-frag happens instantly but I appreciate if someone give me rough idea of how long it generally takes.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56

According to the developers, this depends on the sector erase time and the number of items that need to be consolidated. In general, it should be (2 * number of sectors allocated for VS * time to erase a sector) + (number of valid items * time to commit).  Time to commit and time to sector are from the DS of the serial flash.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56

According to the developers, this depends on the sector erase time and the number of items that need to be consolidated. In general, it should be (2 * number of sectors allocated for VS * time to erase a sector) + (number of valid items * time to commit).  Time to commit and time to sector are from the DS of the serial flash.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
WaSu_1697556
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response.

Sector mentioned here, is this the same sector as mentioned in ws_upgrade.c?

0 Likes