How does P0 and keyscan affect deep sleep?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen a couple of posts that suggest that P0 can cause deep sleep to be terminated, because the keyscan causes the device to wake up.

One developer resolved his excessive current draw by pulling P0 high.

I don't plan to have any keys, I'd prefer to leave P0 with no connection or use it as an output.

For deep sleep to continue without interruption, if P0 is programmed as an output, does it still need to be pulled high?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I checked internally and the recommendation continues to be pull P0 high through a 10K resistor to eliminate the potential for any undesired consequences created by the Keyscan feature being available on this pin.

With this said, you could test it out and setup as a output to see if Keyscan still affects the GPIO.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I checked internally and the recommendation continues to be pull P0 high through a 10K resistor to eliminate the potential for any undesired consequences created by the Keyscan feature being available on this pin.

With this said, you could test it out and setup as a output to see if Keyscan still affects the GPIO.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for checking, I really appreciate being able to get answers to questions like this.

Your suggestion is a good one, I'll see what I can learn.

Hugh

0 Likes