How do I use the SPI?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I have to program a communication interface between a sensor and a microcontroller. The two participants of the communication are an accelerometer (ADXL363) and the BCM20736S and for the communication I chose the SPI of the BCM.

The programming tool "Wiced Smart SDK" provides some SPI-examples but I don't understand everything.

So, I have some questions which won't be the last but the first questions I had

Do I have to send the address of the register and the value I want to write in it at the same time? Or are these two seperate steps?

And how do I have to configure the GPIOs?

I work with the Anaren's Atmosphere System.

Thanks for your help!

André

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andre,

You can download  and unzip A20737 Atmosphere Firmware Core Code V1.0.0  from https://atmosphere.anaren.com/wiki/Creating_offline_project_to_build_embedded_code_for_A20737 page.

You can find spi driver code  under spi/spi_BCM20737.c using Wiced SDK and an example using Anaren's SPI wrapper under lis3dh/lis3dh_common.c. 

Hope this will get you started with your project. 

- RG

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that Anaren's Atmosphere is a development environment that works with their MSDK HW development kit.

Are you using both?  The Broadcom SDK works with the TAG3 development board, which is different.

Here's some information on their development kit, which is really quite good and has been receive extremely well by many of our customers.

I will also include several members from their team on this note so they can work with you on the SPI related questions you have.

MSDK Series (Multi-Sensor Dev. Kit)

• Includes Multi-Sensor Development Board featuring an Accelerometer, a Magnetometer, an IR Temperature Sensor, a Buzzer, a Tri-color LED, a Joy Stick, and a Coin Cell Battery holder
  • One USB 2.0 cable (Type A to Micro-B)
  • Two Single row pin headers can be soldered down to gain access to all the pins in the A20737A module
  • Incorporates Broadcom’s BCM20737
  • Tiny 11x13x2.5 mm footprint of the A20737A AIR module
  • Pre-certified to FCC/IC and ETSI compliant
  • Low power consumption
  • Anaren’s exclusive online development tool, Atmosphere (Demo Video here: ANAREN AIR  V3 - YouTube)
  • Atmosphere seamlessly generates and loads the embedded code on the Multi-Sensor Development Board, and creates an app that can be loaded onto the Broadcom Bluetooth Smart mobile device

New Anaren WICED Smart based module and IoT focused development kit announced at CES...

mgrazier@comcast.net mbowyer airdev kgillespie nkirkeby gcohler airline_pilot_graz

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andre,

You can download  and unzip A20737 Atmosphere Firmware Core Code V1.0.0  from https://atmosphere.anaren.com/wiki/Creating_offline_project_to_build_embedded_code_for_A20737 page.

You can find spi driver code  under spi/spi_BCM20737.c using Wiced SDK and an example using Anaren's SPI wrapper under lis3dh/lis3dh_common.c. 

Hope this will get you started with your project. 

- RG