FCC Testing of the BCM20732i

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are currently testing the BCM20732i.  Since it is pre-certified we only need to do low, mid and high channel tests.  The test lab responded with this feedback:

The TUV lab checked the samples with BT test mode FWs, they can access the channel successfully but have some other questions. Below are the original comments from the lab but all are in Chinese. I summarized the questions as below and also put the comments into attached pictures. Please review and clarify.

1. 1) General review:
  • This Bluetooth module is in Bluetooth 4.0, i.e BLE mode (Bluetooth Low Energy mode)
  • The operation frequency for BT 4.0 is from 2402MHz – 2480MHz, channel spacing is 2MHz, total 40 channels.
  • The corresponding low, middle, high channel frequency should be 2402MHz, 2440MHz, 2480MHz, the middle channel on the sample is 2433MHz and not correct. Please clarify.

1. 2) Some findings and questions:
  • Middle channel frequency on sample is 2433MHz, it should be 2440MHz, please clarify.CH_middle.jpg
  • Channel 2433MHz Tx waveform is different from Low and High channel, please clarify.
  • In main frequency spectrum, there are some other waveforms which are in similar power as main frequency, these should not be presented or at least 20dB lower than the main frequency. This problem appeared on all low, middle, high channel and not correct, please clarify.

CH_low.jpg

CH_high.jpg

I am unsure how to resolve this.  We are using our product firmware in the BLE module.  Is there test firmware that should be loaded instead?  We sent them three different version of our microcontroller firmware, one that puts the BLE module in test mode, low change, one for mid channel and one for high.  Based on the attached images, is it possible to figure out what is happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I will ask someone from the iDevices team to respond as this is their module using their own custom firmware.

smonteith1 smonteith

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I will ask someone from the iDevices team to respond as this is their module using their own custom firmware.

smonteith1 smonteith

0 Likes