External T/R switch control in BCM20736S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The BCM20736S should integrate the antenna.

What is the purpose of P33's alternate functions? (External T/R switch control (~tx_pd))

Thanks

ChienYi

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We supply both the SOC and Module datasheets on the community website.

Regarding the 2073X based modules supported on the Community, P33 (Physical pin 34) offers the following alternate functions:

• A/D converter input
  • MOSI (slave only) for SPI_2
  • Auxiliary clock output (ACLK1)
  • Peripheral UART RX (PUART_RX)

The SOC will of course include additional functionality beyond that offered within the module, but to engage with and use this functionality, you will need to work with your local Broadcom channel to setup a traditional Broadcom engagement/NDA.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We supply both the SOC and Module datasheets on the community website.

Regarding the 2073X based modules supported on the Community, P33 (Physical pin 34) offers the following alternate functions:

• A/D converter input
  • MOSI (slave only) for SPI_2
  • Auxiliary clock output (ACLK1)
  • Peripheral UART RX (PUART_RX)

The SOC will of course include additional functionality beyond that offered within the module, but to engage with and use this functionality, you will need to work with your local Broadcom channel to setup a traditional Broadcom engagement/NDA.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf,

Sorry for typo.

I want to check the GPIO P8 function.

In SOC, the physical is pin 24.

In SiP, the physical pin is pin 33.

Thanks

ChienYi

0 Likes

Ok, I see the reference now.  That must have been an accidental carry-over from the SOC datasheet.  I will remove this reference from all versions of the 2073XS datasheets that are published on the website.

With regards to running an external PA and T/R onto the module, this post references at a high level the packaging and firmware changes that would be needed to support such a feature across the mass market:

Re: Increase the TX power level in the BCM20736?

0 Likes