Error: unresolved external symbol

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone . I think you can help me . A few days ago I installed the Broadcom SDK (BTW 6.1.0.1506) and tried to access my bluetooth- adapter on a laptop. I tried to use MS visual c ++ 6.0 and MS Visual Studio 2005 but get the error linker:

"unresolved external symbol" int __cdecl IsBroadcomStack (void) "(? IsBroadcomStack@@YAHXZ)".

P.S.

Although I set the necessary libraries : BtWdSdkLib.lib, WS2_32.lib and version.lib this solves other errors linker but not this one.

What I do wrong?

P.P.S Sorry, I can't find better place to ask...

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Broadcom SDK and BTW 6 are two different things.

If you had purchased a broadcom-based bluetooth dongle, then you will need to install BTW 6 (that came with it) to utilize the features of the dongle, eg A2DP streaming.

In this forum, we have dedicated Software Development Kit (SDK) for development of applications to be used on WICED solutions, eg 20736/7. The SDK is a complete IDE environment and you do not need to install Visual C++.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Broadcom SDK and BTW 6 are two different things.

If you had purchased a broadcom-based bluetooth dongle, then you will need to install BTW 6 (that came with it) to utilize the features of the dongle, eg A2DP streaming.

In this forum, we have dedicated Software Development Kit (SDK) for development of applications to be used on WICED solutions, eg 20736/7. The SDK is a complete IDE environment and you do not need to install Visual C++.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I download setup.exe from here: Development Kit Downloads | Broadcom

but there is only Documentation, Samples and header files, lib-files and brwapi.dll hmm... if me need develop software than me need a some IDE like Visual studio.

0 Likes