Doesn't Boot/Can't flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

This post is a bit wired, I tried several stuff, but still nothing improving the situation.

I did developped a BCM20737S application, this application works well. We were moving this project to production, the first prod was 50.

From production I did get back 13 board where they can't do something with it. (hopefully we purchase 100 boards, so 50 are working 100%, 13 doesn't what I discribe below)

So we can :

- Download the code through the chipload and the script, this succed.

- When I do this, the chip lunch the app, stop printing something on the UART after 3-4 sec and then reboot.

- we have a bi color LED on GPIO 24 and 25, these output are high and the LEDs switch ON, which isn't normal as other board doesn't do this.

From this, I take the board, try to flash then though SDK.

- I can't Download neither recover.

- I try to download and recover all 13 board, nothing.

- From this I tried to flash with the script and this still succed.

I had once a problem with the boot sequence and I had to change the PMU crystal warm up tp 5000, this doesn't help in this situation.

I have a I2C chip to do DAC function, I tried to remove it, then I try to remove the pull up, still I can't download or recover.

I did test the recover on a board that works and I can do a recover.

I do have pull up 100k, this will be changed in the following BOM, but still if I remove them, I can't flash.

PS : I can send anything MP if needed, but I wont post code or something like this public.

Thanks for the reply !

0 Likes
8 Replies