Does WICED provide support for A2DP in " AUDIO SOURCE MODE" ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mivi_1270426
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like received First like given

We are building  a Audio server based on BLUETOOTH module .  We find many modules supporting A2DP in "AUDIO SINK MODE"  , but none in "AUDIO SOURCE MODE". By using the Broadcom Chipset and WICED , is it possible to support this Mode ?   

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Within WICED Studio 4.0 we support A2DP Source v1.3 & Sink v1.0 on the BCM20706A2 platform.

Unfortunately, we will not have development hardware with documentation till Q1'17, but the support itself is already in the SDK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Within WICED Studio 4.0 we support A2DP Source v1.3 & Sink v1.0 on the BCM20706A2 platform.

Unfortunately, we will not have development hardware with documentation till Q1'17, but the support itself is already in the SDK.

I downloaded Wided 4.0. Unfortunately I found only support for A2DP sink mode in the app directory (C:\WICED\WICED-Studio-4.0\20706-A2_Bluetooth\Apps\a2dp_sink).  Do you plan to provide the A2DP source Directory in a new revision of WICED 4.x  ?

Thanks , MV.

0 Likes

I will need to confirm with the Apps team when everyone returns from the holiday weekend.

0 Likes