Difference between the Products

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

can anyone tell me the difference between the wiced wifi, wiced smart and wiced sense?

Wiced wifi is for Wifi applications , Wiced smart supports bluetooth.

Which one is the development kit?

I need the clear overview of these IoT products. It is very confusing for a person who has limited technical knowledge.

Waiting for the reply....

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you have less than 5 years of low level embedded development experience, I'd recommend the Anaren Atmosphere environment for WICED Smart, which is based on Broadcom's Bluetooth Low Energy offering.

Their development environment is very easy to use and their support is excellent.

anarennavigator rgtech

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are two series of products available for IoT now.

Please refer page 7 for WICED Wi-Fi, and page 8 and 9 for WICED Smart of following document.

2014 Mass Market Product Selector Guide

For WICED Smart, below link also helps your understanding.

BCM2073X Product Portfolio (Module and Evaluation Board Overview)

WICED Sense is a kind of reference design with full source code, schematic and so on.

WICED Sense Table of Contents

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks .

Do we need development boards or evaluation boards to program the Wiceds or we can simply program via USB ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Programming your application to WICED module doesn't need the EVB. But recommended to use it during development of your application.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice if you please tell me the limitations , if we are not using any EVBs?

And do i need any other hardwares to develop some applications?

In short, what I need to develop applications with WICED?

0 Likes

If you have less than 5 years of low level embedded development experience, I'd recommend the Anaren Atmosphere environment for WICED Smart, which is based on Broadcom's Bluetooth Low Energy offering.

Their development environment is very easy to use and their support is excellent.

anarennavigator rgtech

0 Likes