Device Discovery over time.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are trying to make the ble device always discover-able. I thought by setting:

bleprofile_Discoverable(MANDATORY_DISCOVERABLE, wvdAppState->blewvd_hostinfo.bdAddr);

It would do that, but it appears to disappear over time. Are there any other reasons such as going to sleep or something that would cause this ble device to stop advertising? I'm not currently aware of any sleep modes getting set.

Can somebody also define the behaviors involved with each of these discovery modes? So far I have not found anywhere that defines what they do when applied.

NO_DISCOVERABLE              = 0,

LOW_DIRECTED_DISCOVERABLE    = 1,

HIGH_DIRECTED_DISCOVERABLE   = 2,

LOW_UNDIRECTED_DISCOVERABLE  = 3,

HIGH_UNDIRECTED_DISCOVERABLE = 4,

MANDATORY_DISCOVERABLE       = 0xFF, //without NVRAM checking and start high undirected adv

0 Likes
1 Solution

For WICED Smart 2.2.3 SDK, we can configure the advertisement parameters in the app_cfg, like we can set the adv parameters in hello_sensor_cfg of hello_sensor project.

For advertising infinite function, please try followed setttings:

1. Set the high_undirect_adv_duration in app_cfg like set to 1000

2. Restart the adv while adv stopped or connection down:  bleprofile_Discoverable(HIGH_UNDIRECTED_DISCOVERABLE, hello_sensor_hostinfo.bdaddr);

View solution in original post

5 Replies