Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just heard about the following paper that uses one of TIs products:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3478807/

and I'm now wondering whether I can adjust the parameters mentioned in it, in my BCM20732 related projects. Those are namely the connection interval and connection slave latency. I have found something in blecen.h that might look like it but I'm not sure whether this is at all relevant to me.

The question might be whether changing the mentioned parameters will cause similar results with the BCM20732 or BCM20736. If you have any good hints at how to reduce current consumption while a connection is active I would be interested to know about them as well.

Regards,

Kilian

1 Solution

lel2cap_sendConnParamUpdateReq() can be used anytime when there is a connection (so outside connection up callback is OK too) with a peer device. This however is only a request from the slave to the master to change the connection parameters (only the master can change these). So the change to new parameters is not instantaneous.

The unit of the supervision timeout value is 10ms (see BT spec, host controller interface, section 7.8). Minimum value is 10 (100 ms) and it has to be larger than the max connection interval being requested, and has to be larger than (1 + slave latency) * connection interval too.

View solution in original post

10 Replies