Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I'm reading WICED HCI UART Control Protocol.pdf and I'm trying to understand how to use HCI commands described from chapter 3 (WICED HCI Control Protocol Definition).

For example I'm trying to use reset command and following what written inside the documentation the command should be:

0x19 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00

Where:

0x19 = HCI_WICED_PKT

0x01 = HCI_CONTROL_COMMAND (Reset)

0x00 = HCI_CONTROL_GROUP (Device)

0x00 = low byte packet lenght

0x00 = high byte packet lenght

but If I send this command to my device (BCM20737s) via UART I don't receive any response.

The device is correctly set in programming mode and if I try to reset the device with the other command found on the documentation (01 03 0C 00) the device send back the correct answer (04 0E 04 01 03 0C 00).

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to do that because my goal is to obtain local bluetooth device address and I would like to have two commands that will let me write and read device address.

But If I'm not able to perferm simple command like reset I'm not confident that I will be able to create that two commands.

Thanks for the help

Davide

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Davide

"Write BD_ADDR: 01 01 FC 06 BD_ADDR[5:0]“ is used to write the BD_ADDR into ram, so after reset and power cycle, BD_ADDR will resume to NV_RAM's address.

If you want to change the BD_ADDR in nv_RAM for mass production, please refer to the followed link

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies