CGS file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

when download cgs into BCM20732,means write all cgs into EEPROM(cgs file first type will write to EEPROM first type )?

0 Likes
1 Solution

> Please tell me that cgs file first byte will write to EEPROM first type and the last type w

This is not the case. The cgs file is in a user readable format. The image in the EEPROM will not be.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Well, the contents of the cgs file are processed by the download tools and are then written to the EEPROM. There is only a rough relation between the cgs file and the contents of the EEPROM.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.I do not kown what it is mean a rough relation.Please tell me that cgs file first byte will write to EEPROM first type and the last byte will write to sizeof(cgs file) Byte in EEPROM is right or not?

2.How the  WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0\Apps\RAM\ota_firmware_upgrade work? The upgrade opreate will overwrite  the original file in EEROM?

0 Likes

> Please tell me that cgs file first byte will write to EEPROM first type and the last type w

This is not the case. The cgs file is in a user readable format. The image in the EEPROM will not be.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

How the  WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0\Apps\RAM\ota_firmware_upgrade work? The upgrade opreate will overwrite  the original file in EEROM?

0 Likes

No, it will not. The EEPROM (or SF) is split into (about) equal halves, one of which is 'current' and the other is the 'upgrade' half. When upgrading, all new app code goes into the upgrade half. Once complete, the upgrade half is read back and verified. If this is successful, the upgrade half is marked as good and read back to ensure that it was marked correctly. If this is successful too, then the current half is marked as invalid and then the device will reboot. When it reboots, what was current before will now be invalid and so marked as upgrade half and what was the upgrade half before will be marked as the current half and the app will be loaded from the new current half.

0 Likes