Broadcom Wiced Sense Bluetooth smart sensor tag not getting detected in windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The device is not getting detected on windows 10 pc.

Whenever I connect it to the pc the red light goes off.

The device is not being shown in the device manager.

I have downloaded

model : BCM9WICED_SENSE

Contains model : BCM20737S

Is this a device issue or a windows 10 issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

you are using WICED Sense kit and its RED LED is getting turned off when you connect to computer:

for that you need to go through this WICED SENSE Kit BLOG and go through "Procedure for running the WICED Sense TAG on USB Power:" in that blog.

and may be you need to recover(after looking at the console); there may be chances of EEPROM got corrupted (you can get that also in the same blog as i mentioned above - ).

but before that as mwf_mmfae said check it with app WICED Sense - Android Apps on Google Play or WICED Sense on the App Store

without connecting kit to computer but powered with battery....

Regards

Sid

View solution in original post

26 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I will ask jaeyoung​ to find a Windows 10 machine somewhere internally and test this out (we are on Windows 7 corp. wide)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Mr. Nikhil

there is an issue for 2.2.1 IDE as link below

Re: Windows 10 bluetooth "driver error"

is it the same error you are getting?

Regards

Sid

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Its not the same issue.
On my windows 10 pc the device is not being detected. I checked in the device manager under ports but it shows nothing.
Also when i try to download any project on the wiced sense device it gives me following error.Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you are not finding that in 'device manager' , probably it should be the driver issue

check the link and download USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers | Silicon Labs

and Virtual COM Port Drivers  then try

may be you can check this links too - WICED SMART FAQ

Regards

Siddhanth

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did All the above things. Still no success.
It still doesnot show in the Device managerdevice manager.PNG

0 Likes

The Silicon Labs USB to Serial drivers are shown above in the screenshot, those are the correct drivers for the WICED Sense kit when connected to the PC using the USB cable.  The development board, TAG3, uses FTDI USB to Serial Drivers.

Based on the screenshot above, it appears that you have the WICED Sense plugged into the PC via USB.  Is that correct?

Based on your original request, I thought you were struggling to connect under Windows 10 when the device was unconnected via USB, running an app, and being added via the Bluetooth device manager located on the taskbar within Windows.

Can you also confirm that you can see the app while running the WICED Sense app on your handset.

jaeyoung

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiee,

Which App are you talking about?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

you are using WICED Sense kit and its RED LED is getting turned off when you connect to computer:

for that you need to go through this WICED SENSE Kit BLOG and go through "Procedure for running the WICED Sense TAG on USB Power:" in that blog.

and may be you need to recover(after looking at the console); there may be chances of EEPROM got corrupted (you can get that also in the same blog as i mentioned above - ).

but before that as mwf_mmfae said check it with app WICED Sense - Android Apps on Google Play or WICED Sense on the App Store

without connecting kit to computer but powered with battery....

Regards

Sid

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiee,

I have already checked it with android app and its working fine.

I will check your links now.

Thank you very much

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried that link but still no success. I still get the download failed error. Should I try this

WICED Sense Recovery?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

But this app is working fine WICED Sense - Android Apps on Google Play

So why there is need for EEPROM recovery?

0 Likes

Correct me if I have misunderstood you. The way to use the WICED Sense kit is NOT to connect it to the PC. Instead, you should use the BT adaptor (if any) on your Win10-based PC to search and pair with the Sense kit. Alternatively, you may also use the above mentioned Android app to search for the Sense kit via an Android-based phone. This is the preferred and an easier method.

In the event that you suspect your Sense kit has corrupted its eeprom, follow the "WICED Sense Recovery" procedure described above.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay.

But how will i be able to build and download the code on the wiced sense kit which i have downloaded for windows pc 'WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.2'

0 Likes

Now you will need to connect the kit to the PC but it is going to be a little messy. Please refer to the above mentioned link for more details. But I will write a summary here:

Before you download the SENSE app from the SDK 2.2.2 onto the kit, recover it first:

1) prick open the red casing with MUCH care

2) follow the procedure on "press-and-hold" of the boot and reset buttons respectively

3) You may use this make target "wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 recover UART=COM23". Change the com_port number to yours.

Now you can compile and download the SENSE app via the following make target:

"wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=7223A11874A8 UART=COM23"

The above make flavour allows me to insert a BD address too (of which I choose one randomly by the way).

Let me know if it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I'll let u know once I try this out

0 Likes

Just a word of thought. The SENSE kit is more of a tool for demo purposes. For all application and product development, the tag4 board is still the default choice.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hii

Just a last query

Which of this app will work now on the sense kit? code.PNG

0 Likes

You can use the last one on the SENSE kit. Use the below make target to download it:

"wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=7223A11874A8 UART=COM4"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay.

Thanks a lot for your patience and help. (y)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know you got your issue solved....

as boont stated its consist of wiced sense

its always better to start with hello_sensor, to understand and making yourself comfortable with the module

[TIP: in your case - WICED Sense kit , you might be knowing it is BCM20737S, you need to make an another new target there and rename it to "hello_sensor-BCM20737TAG_Q32 download" and then proceed to build....]

i would strongly recommend you to go through the videos link​ and also WICED Sense Table of Contents

happy coding...

Regards

Siddhanth

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

well I get this new error now "Makefile:211: *** Platform makefile not found: Platforms//.mk. Stop."
Please tell me what is missing and where

Thanks

0 Likes

Did you tick the boxes as below?

make.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake I put name i missed the underscore between wiced sense.

Application is running now. Thanks boontrsiddhanthjaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this still an issue??

0 Likes