Bluetooth HID Keyboard with BCM20733/BCM20735

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
berec_923731
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

For a new project, i need to develop a Bluetooth HID Keyboard, so i searched for the good controller.

I found BCM20735 and BCM20733 are good for making HID keyboard, to connect directly a keyboard matrix.

The problem is that i can't find much help for these products like a developement kit, hardware and routing preconisation and, more important, code example to scan a matrix and get a HID Bluetooth keyboard recognized by the host.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

Benjamin Recoules

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Bluetooth HID solutions are not supported in this forum. You may want to speak to a local Cypress representative on this engagement.

david_armour

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Bluetooth HID solutions are not supported in this forum. You may want to speak to a local Cypress representative on this engagement.

david_armour

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear boont​,

BCM20735 is produced by Cypress and is already released (I received a few BCM20735PKML1G chips in the end of September), but there are still neither developments kits nor SDK available on the official page​.

Can you please point out any concrete contacts where I can ask about the development support?

This question is partially answered here: https://community.cypress.com/message/29061?et=watches.email.thread#29061

If you are aware what exactly "tier 1 customers" have the support, can you please list them?
Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi b.recoules​, we are also developing similar solution on the same chips and have the same issue.

In the end, we started from the available development boards for BCM20730 ​and then going to port the firmware into the new BCM20735 chips as soon as find development boards for them.

Lets keep in touch!

Please, let me know if you have already found development boards for BCM20735.

0 Likes