Bcm920732eval_q32

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I use BCM920732EVAL_Q32 instead of BCM920732TAG-00 with WICED Smart SDK?

Id like to know how to program an application into it by the IDE.
0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
There are multiple versions of the BCM20732 development boards, so its difficult to test all of them with he SDK.  For this particular version, I do not have access to the schematic which shows its similarities to the Tag board. In theory it should work, but you have proven thats not the case for this board.

Would it be possible to obtain one of the low cost BCM20732 Tag boards from your local distribution partner?

Perhaps they were the one that sold you this board and would even offer a return/exchange of some kind.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
Im afraid that I am not as familiar with that board as I should be, so bear with me.

Is there a mini-USB jack which runs to an FTDI USB to Serial converter, and then to the BCM20732?

If not, is the HCI UART Tx/Rx accessible through a connector on the board?

The schematic I am looking at does not have either.

Nonetheless, if you can run a header with jumpers off of the HCI UART Tx/RX, the programming procedure here should work fine: http://forum.broadcom.com/showthread.php?91090-Information-Programming-your-BCM20732S-based-board-fr...

There is also another post on the forum which shows you how to debug using the same configuration.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a mini-USB jack which runs to an FTDI USB to Serial converter, and then to the BCM20732?

Yes. It has USB with FTDI.

But downloading fails as below.

----------

Detecting device...

Device found

Downloading application...

**** Download failed - Press the reset button on the device and retry ****

10:15:17 Build Finished (took 18s.813ms)

----------

After I push the reset button and retry downloading, it still fails.
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
I confirmed witht he team that as long as the board you are using is designed similar to the _Q32 tag board (schematic is here on the website), it should work with the SDK (i.e. EEPROM for NV, write protect on P1, etc.)
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you. But it couldnt work.

Could you check the schematic of BCM920732EVAL_Q32 and give me some advices?

If I need recovery before programming, please tell me how to do it with the board.
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
There are multiple versions of the BCM20732 development boards, so its difficult to test all of them with he SDK.  For this particular version, I do not have access to the schematic which shows its similarities to the Tag board. In theory it should work, but you have proven thats not the case for this board.

Would it be possible to obtain one of the low cost BCM20732 Tag boards from your local distribution partner?

Perhaps they were the one that sold you this board and would even offer a return/exchange of some kind.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you check private message?
0 Likes