BLE mesh ON/OFF Client example problem with CYBT343026

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NaB_2049561
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello!!

I tried BLE Mesh On/OFF client example in wiced platform. It works some time and most of the time it won't work.

What I have done is,

1. I have added one switch on P27 on client.Used both edge trigger as Interrupt. I have attached the code in this conversation. The idea is to send On or off command whenever button pressed. Used 'wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_client_set(element_idx, &set_data);'

2. After reading 'Getting Started BLE mesh cypress App note-AN227069, I have added #define LOW_POWER_NODE 1 in the mesh_onoff_client.c. Not changed in makefile.mk.

3. After downloading the code, I used iOS MeshApp for provisioning the client on my network.

4. I have downloaded mesh_onoff_server.c on 2 nodes. Used MeshApp to provision the devices on same network. I can able to switch on/off the LEDs on the server nodes using Meshapp.

Problem:

1.Sometimes, whenever I press the P27 switch. I can able to switch on/Off the LEDs on both the device simultaneously. Most of the times it will not work. I am not getting what is going on the client. I have attached my server and client along with the this post.

2. Another problem is, most of the time the provision also will not be successful .

Am I missing anything in the client application? In the server side, I have added only some of LED's to the code. All other settings left as it is in the example code.

Naveen

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi NaB_2049561

You can refer demo/mesh/dimmer project for creating the client. It is exactly same as what you are trying to create. Please go through the project.

If you provisioned the client and server devices in the same group, by default the client will be configured to publish messages to all the servers in the group. For you, that is working sometimes only.  So we may have to look at the error logs to find out what is breaking in it.

Could you please turn on the model traces (MESH_MODELS_DEBUG := 1 in makefile.mk) and collect the error logs when you face this issue, and please share it with us.

Meantime I will try to reproduce it at our side also.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply