BCM20737s stops at the beginning.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have custom board with BCM20736s and this works well.  I replaced BCM20736s for BCM20737s and the application starts but stops at the beginning. Anyone know why. I make target with Application-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download.

0 Likes
1 Solution

As you are using the SIP module, the below issue is also something that you would like to be aware of.

Explanation of Crystal Warmup Issue

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Exact same board with the exact same program running?  No HW changes at all? You simply swap the 20736S out for a 20737S?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes I simply swap the 20736S out for a 20737S with the same hardware and the same program running.

Have  something else to do ?

I make target with Application-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download instead of Application-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Eduardo,

With your 20737S device on the board try using the same make target for the application-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download.

Do you get any errors?

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested in 50 boards and only work 11 making target with application-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download. I have also tried to program them with application-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download and they also work. I don´t know why the rest of boards stopped when program begins running.

I've been working months with the previous chip without any problem. which may be the problem, I'm going crazy.

0 Likes

This could be a soldering issue. Did you have any luck? @eduwimy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This week I´m going to talk with the company that make the boards. I'll see if I'm lucky.

thanks for answering.

0 Likes

As you are using the SIP module, the below issue is also something that you would like to be aware of.

Explanation of Crystal Warmup Issue

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I put in  .csv file "sleep enable" = 0 then the program works fine. but if I put the proposed solution...do not work.

1 - create a CSG file inside the application folder named app.csg with the content below:

ENTRY "PMU Crystal Warm up Time"

{

"Crystal warm up time" = 5000

}

Note that the default Crystal warm up time is 2500. By increasing this to 5000 we managed to resolve the issue.

2 - Add the following line to makefile.inc in the same folder:

GS_LIST += $(DIR)/app.cgs

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, this works well. I had a syntax error: GS_LIST -->CGS_LIST

ALL OK!!!

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes