BCM20737S security features

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, We are looking at using the security features of the BCM20737 for authentication purposes, but this is all very new to us.  The 20737 datasheet states that there are apps notes on the security features but I have not found anything on the website.  There is a post on the forum that points to the comments in the RSA.h file, but this is insufficient for someone with little or no prior knowledge.  The 20737 supports X.509 certificate exchange and we would really like some information on this too.  Are there any plans for a detailed apps note on security/authentication?

Also, are there any plans to release a Technical Reference Manual for the 20737S, as you've done for the other modules?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

A security AppNote was originally due out this quarter, but I'm not sure if that is still the case as this may move to Q4.

The 20737S datasheet should be out this quarter, but it will not contain any detailed information on the security features. The 20736S datasheet can be used in the meantime as the parts are identical from a HW perspective.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

A security AppNote was originally due out this quarter, but I'm not sure if that is still the case as this may move to Q4.

The 20737S datasheet should be out this quarter, but it will not contain any detailed information on the security features. The 20736S datasheet can be used in the meantime as the parts are identical from a HW perspective.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In the absence of the Security Apps Note, could you provide an overview of the operation?  How are Broadcom intending for the RSA and Certificate functions to be used?  Or, how can they be used and if this differs from Broadcom's design intent, does that present any issues?

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, the only documentation we provide today is located within the rsa.h file.

This thread has a little more info: How to operate RSA in BCM20737S & BCM20737S document

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, as we are now in Q4, please can you enquire as to when the 20737S datasheet and the security apps note are scheduled to be released.  Are they imminent or could we be talking December?  Thanks

0 Likes

The 20737S datasheet has been released: BCM20737S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference

The rsa.h file is still the best source for information on our security features at this point as the security AppNote is still pending and I'm not sure when this document will be released.

victorz

0 Likes