BCM20737S flashing process

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
moutasimk_66
Employee
Employee
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

hi

i want to know about the way to flashing the BCM20737S chip for a custom board for the first time.

Is the BCM20737S delivered with a firmware installed on it ? do we need the USB interface ?

what's the best process when going to manufacturer and need to flash 1000 board ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct. Unfortunately, we do not allow the direct programming of the EEPROM, nor do we provide the source for the loader/programming protocol, so programming the device from an external uC running the programming protocol is not an option.

Our packaging house in Asia has setup custom tooling/programming for the device, so I could put you in touch with them for a quote on the 10K units.

Have your local Broadcom team contact me directly and I will try to close the loop.  One of our larger global Distributors is also working with their programming vendors to develop a production programming process as well, so that may be an option in the near future also.

In addition to programming the device with your application, you will also need to consider how to change the BD_ADDRs on all of the units you product.  For this, there is some guidance in this thread: Re: How can I use cgs.exe to convert *.cgs to *.hex but keep MACADDR the same?

andrew997 nsankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies