BCM20736S/CYW20736S: DLPostResetDelay_ms meaning in 20736_EEPROM.btp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PiTu_4684406
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I'd like to know how DLPostResetDelay_ms parameter of 20736_EEPROM.btp affects the BCM20736S programming procedure.

Is it written in the EEPROM/Flash and affects the boot timings at any subsequent chip reset? Or is it only used by the external executable (ChipLoad.exe) in order to start communication with the chip?

I'm asking this because rising DLPostResetDelay_ms from 100 (the value it has in the 20736_EEPROM.btp provided by WICED) to 800 I managed to solve very frequent programming faults (unable to start at all programming procedure).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Peppe

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

I have compared many btp files, it is always set to 100. and:

from the blog in forum the btp file is loaded by download tools, not written in the flash.

So do not worry influence to your application or image.

I am wondering if your hardware has special placement or layout which cause the programming faults .

Significance of *.btp File

The *.btp file contains information used by the download tools such as the minidriver location, baud rate, memory section addresses and other details. It also contains information such as the BD ADDRESS which can be changed while programming the device. Some of the parameters are:

• DLConfigCrystalFreqMHz X 10000 – Frequency of the crystal connected to the device
  • DLConfigSerialControlBaudRate – UART baud rate used for programming
  • ConfigDSLocation – DS1 location offset
  • ConfigDS2Location – DS2 location offset
  • DLConfigSSLocation – SS location offset
  • DLConfigBD_ADDRBase – BD address

View solution in original post

2 Replies