BCM20732 OTA error message

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,

I've program the ota_firmware_upgrade sample firmware on the 20732 and use the PC application try to do the OTA.

But following error show up, do you have any suggestion?

BTW, is there any document talk about the OTAFU on BCM20732?

ScreenClip.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the reason why.

I need the 64KBytes eeprom...

Why error occur when I open WsOtaUpgrade.exe?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the reason why.

I need the 64KBytes eeprom...

Why error occur when I open WsOtaUpgrade.exe?

BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I assumed you are using sdk1.1 for 20732 related work.

It seems that the image you have compiled is larger than 32 Kbytes.

Ok, the reason is this: if the your FW size is XX Kbytes, then the eeprom has to be at least 2XX Kbytes, During an upgrade, the eeprom size is divided into 2, the old FW is pushed into one half, while the other half accepts the new FW. If this is ok, only then the old fw is deleted. Such an approach is fail-safe.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I use SDK1.1. The default sample code is already over the 16Kbytes already...

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

OTA is not technically supported on TAG2 with SDK 1.x and the BCM20732, just the BCM20736/37 based products.

As you have discovered, one of the main problems on TAG2 is the onboard EEPROM is too small to support OTA.

• 256K EEPROM TAG2 (32kBytes)
  • 512K EEPROM TAG3 (64kBytes)
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I replace the eeprom on TAG2 by TAG3 but seems still not working. Is there any other thing should I take care?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This finally works.

I noticed that the hello_sensor sample application on my Win7 doesn't respond the notification from 20732.

So, what I do is to uninstall the WIDCOMM and Wiced Smart IDE. Reboot the system and install WIDCOMM and IDE again.

Then the magic is happen, notification of hello_sensor sample from tag board can be well show on Win7 application.

After that, I start the OTAFU test, and as our expect, it works.

What can say, magician Microsoft?

BTW, I have a question. Is there any system file install on Windows OS when install the WICED Smart IDE? If I do not run the installation and execute it once, would it be work fine?