Anybody help?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't power my dev-kit on, I guess that the board is broken.

How could I contact a FAE?

Boardcom Beijing office told me to ask help from distributor, and the distributor(Mouser) told me that just ask Boardcom.

I tried to make an feedback on Boardcom website, but the system of website told me

• The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Please try again.

Where is the %$%$# reCAPTCHA?

&

Where could I get help

0 Likes
1 Solution

First determine if you have a TAG2 (SDK 1.1 and BCM20732 only) or TAG3 (SDK 2.x and BCM20736/37 only) eval board.

There are pictures of both here: BCM2073X Product Portfolio (Module and Evaluation Board Overview)

For TAG2, the proper switch settings for programming the board are explained in WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 1.x and TAG2 Board)

For TAG3, the proper switch settings for programming the board are explained in WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

As boont mentions, the first step is to make sure the FTDI USB->Serial drivers are installed properly by looking in Windows device manager.  If not, you may have to reinstall them using this file: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Drivers/dpinst.exe (make sure you access from the command line).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Assuming you have a tag3 eval board.

In the SDK, under "Doc" directory, open up Wiced-Smart-QSG202.pdf, and refer to Appendix D to carry out the recovery.

Do also ensure you got SW2 and SW3 at the correct positions.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SDK rev is 2.0.1, I found WICED-Smart-QSG201 in the SDK, and I also have a doc named WICED-Smart-QSG203.

Details of my setting process:

1. I'm sure about that the switches are at the correct positions.

2. There is no LED lighting up when I connect the USB cable to power on the dev-kit.

3. There is no more new device been found in Windows system, I can't any fresh USB serial.

0 Likes

Did you see the 2 usb-serial ports in your device manager upon inserting the usb cable?

From the schematic, you can also probe Pin3 of SW4 for 1.8V, which is supposedly Vddio. You can also probe Pin8 of the EEPROM (U22) for the 1.8V power supply.

Otherwise, this is the best effort the forum can support you in terms of HW.

0 Likes

First determine if you have a TAG2 (SDK 1.1 and BCM20732 only) or TAG3 (SDK 2.x and BCM20736/37 only) eval board.

There are pictures of both here: BCM2073X Product Portfolio (Module and Evaluation Board Overview)

For TAG2, the proper switch settings for programming the board are explained in WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 1.x and TAG2 Board)

For TAG3, the proper switch settings for programming the board are explained in WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

As boont mentions, the first step is to make sure the FTDI USB->Serial drivers are installed properly by looking in Windows device manager.  If not, you may have to reinstall them using this file: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Drivers/dpinst.exe (make sure you access from the command line).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for this delay thanks.

Follow your suggestions, when I installed the FTDI usb to serial drivers, it's worked, I find a couple of COM port in my device manager.

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that the catalog distributors are not the correct ones to contact for technical support.

There is alot of excellent support within your region from the others: Distributors

nsankar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear,

I can't see any content in the distributors as attached, I refreshed for a dozen times.

0 Likes

This is broken.  Let me see if I can fix.

For now, use this link (select distributors): Locations | Broadcom

0 Likes

Check out the below instead

Partners

You may contact EDOM or Avnet for more services. And you may want to upgrade your SDK too.

0 Likes