Antenna spec of 20732S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some questions about the antenna integrated in 20732S.

(1) What kind of antenna is used? (dipole, monopole, microstrip, etc.)

(2) Where is it placed on 20732S?

(3) Could I have characteristics of the antenna? (gain, radiation pattern, and so on)

(4) Could I have data about effects on human body? (SAR testing, etc.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Could you submit a CSP case for this and assign it to the same gentleman you are working with on the regulatory issues in Japan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We have this information internally, but I don't believe it is ready for release to the public.

Let me confirm with the business unit how you should go about making this request.

0 Likes

Could you submit a CSP case for this and assign it to the same gentleman you are working with on the regulatory issues in Japan.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our companies hardware engineers are currently looking at suitable areas on our new porducts PCB to site your 20737 module, so we also need answers to the questions originally posted on this thread. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

I will check with the entity that developed the module to determine if any of the detailed antenna information requuested is available.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your speedy reply, and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you managed to contact the entity regarding the antenna information yet.

Best Regards

0 Likes

We have still not decided whether or not the detailed antenna that exists internally can be released to the community.

If there is urgency related to the acquisition of this material, please contact your local Broadcom team and have them set you up with a traditional NDA-based Broadcom engagement.

nsankar pnorbury

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The document doesn't answer to my question because it doesn't state how near can be other objects without significantly modify the radiation pattern of the module. In our application we have another board that is near the first with the BCM2073xS, but attached in the opposite side with a board-to-board connector. Could this situation affect reception of Bluetooth signals?

0 Likes

We are working with our packaging house to see if this information is available.  Stay tuned.

nsankar

0 Likes

They said that in general, it's not recommended to place wires or connectors in the orthogonal direction of the module.

However, they also said that they do not have any specific experience in this area.

0 Likes