Annoying behaviour in SDK 2.1.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

After migrating from SDK 2.0.1 to SDK 2.1.0 we found a very annoying issue.

After successfully building and downloading a new app from within the Eclipse IDE the following message appears:

Move DIP switch 2 of SW4 to off position and push Reset button to start application

This means that DIP switch 2 of SW4 has to be switched to the on position before downloading the app and then be switched to off to launch the app.

We tested this on both Linux and MacOS. We haven't tested this on Windows yet.

Our concern is that changing the state of this DIP switch will eventually lead into a mechanical failure of the DIP switch because such switches are not made for this.

Why is this necessary? In SDK 2.0.1 it works without changing the DIP switch all the time.

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like this behaviour is implemented in spar_setup.c (look for uart_IsConnected()).

Commenting out those #ifndef DEBUG sections will revert back to the previous behaviour.

Compiling your app with DEBUG=1 also seems to do the trick, but be aware that this also disables the watchdog and sleep.  Or so says the ./make documentation:

[DEBUG=1|0]

Enable or disable debug code in application. When DEBUG=1, watchdog will be disabled,

sleep will be disabled and the app may optionally wait in a while(1) for the debugger

to connect

I'm taking the DEBUG route.  I'll report back if I see smoke coming out.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

11 Replies