Android OtaManager for unsigned images?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance a version of the OTA manager exists for non signed images?  The only difference should be the services/chars, the 4-byte prefix (secure) and the post update crc (unsecure), right?

0 Likes
1 Solution

jose.raffucci

Good to hear you got the ota manager to work and for the noin signed images ota you could refer for wiced sense android app source code.WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08) . When you mentioned you missing the crc code, could you tell us for do you want to run the crc check on?

thnx

vik86

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jose,

We do plan to implement a version of the Android OTAManager for unsigned images.

Let me get talk to the developers for an ETA.

Thanks

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could really use this soon.  I've shoehorned the current ota manager do do most of the work.  I'm just missing the crc java code. I've been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to port it over from the windows samples.

0 Likes

jose.raffucci

Good to hear you got the ota manager to work and for the noin signed images ota you could refer for wiced sense android app source code.WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08) . When you mentioned you missing the crc code, could you tell us for do you want to run the crc check on?

thnx

vik86