Allow connections from one device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaPe_1712546
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm using the 20706A2 with the audio gateway demo. I would like to only allow us to be "paired" with one device at a time. When we go into pairing mode, we delete all nvram data if we were previously paired, then go into pairing mode. When we find a device, we pair and then connect, at this point this is the only device I would like us to be able to connect to. What happens is, a previously paired device can still reach out to us and connect, I want to not allow this. Is that possible?

0 Likes
3 Replies
JaPe_1712546
Level 1
Level 1

I can make the module not discoverable/connectable and this works for more devices, but some devices will not alllow a connection from us even if we are currently paired.

0 Likes

Hi JaPe_1712546 ,

Can you please clarify your query?

Do you mean , once you connect to one device, you don't want any other device to get connected your audio device at the same time?

Did you tried making the non discoverable & non connectable once a device connects?

And make sure you enable it back while the current device disconnects.

This won't work for your requirement? Please confirm

Regards,

Anjana

No, that doesn't seem to work. Our host will only remember one device at a time, the last device we have paired with. When we pair with a new device, we will forget the previous device (intentionally). I want to prevent other devices that we've previously paired with from connecting to us, even if we are currently not connected to a device. I can make us non-connectable/non-discoverable, and this works for most cases, but some devices we pair with can only make a connection with us, not us make a connection to them. So to connect to these device we have to make ourselves connectable, but then it's possible for a previously paired device to connect to us and we don't want that. Is that clear?

0 Likes