A2DP Sink functionality on CYW20721

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
larson5150
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello.  We are trying to get Bluetooth A2DP functionality up and running on a 20721 design.  Starting with the EVK (CYW920721B2EVK-02) the code is up and running and we are able to establish a connection with a mobile phone to stream audio.  However when this connection starts, the audio stream does not get started.

When the streaming begins from the phone we see this in the WICED_TRACE output, and it looks like the jitter buffer never enters into the

JITTER_NORMAL_STATE

state, so the audio stream never opens.

jitter_buffer_event_handler (status : 0x07)
jitter_buffer_event_handler: ignore states

What could be going wrong here and how do we get the stream open, and data flowing?

In our design, we will need to capture the decoded PCM data which we are hoping to do with either the audio_record APIs or the I2S_inject APIs so that we can route this data over to our playback device (which does not have a PCM or I2S interface).

Thanks in advance for your help!

-larson

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @larson5150 ,

CYW20721 is not a broad-market product. I would suggest you to please get in touch with Cypress Sales team or your FAE in order to get support on your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @larson5150 ,

CYW20721 is not a broad-market product. I would suggest you to please get in touch with Cypress Sales team or your FAE in order to get support on your issue.

0 Likes