20732S regulatory certification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

For FCC certification, if the change is class 1 (by the result of spurious emission test), no filing is required.

Is my understanding correct?

If yes, how should I display the FCC ID?

About CE, will Broadcom provide the test report of the module?

Regarding Japan, TELEC requires displaying certified mark on the module.

Displaying on final products using the module is prohibited.

Please tell me how I enable the module in Japan?

0 Likes
1 Solution

We just heard back from the regulatory team:

Customers are advised to do one of the following to leverage the Broadcom FCC approval. In either case,
the customers’ own FCC ID is required.

“Two options for the US (FCC): 

a.
Minimum Filing: Broadcom will provide authorizations for customers to do minimum filings and get FCC/IC approvals in their IDs. Integration into hosts other than approved host under the LMA requires additional testing inside the hosts and a Class 2 permissive change. 
b.

Customers to get the FCC certification at system level. Broadcom will provide authorizations for customers to leveragethe Broadcom module FCC/IC test reports.”

In cases where the module is too small to accommodate the Japan logo (min 3mm required) and ID, additional labeling options such as electronic labeling is acceptable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
20 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Your understanding is correct.  Please keep the data on file for record for the Class I permissive change.

Regarding the display of the FCC ID, I'm assuming the customer can display their FCC ID.

From our regulatory team: “1. Minimum Filing: Broadcom will provide authorizations for customers to do minimum filings and get FCC/IC approvals in their IDs.”

Regarding the test report, we can release CE test reports to customer, after we have letter of authorizations set up for them. Please provide the full contact info of the customer, we will prepare the LOA for them to sign.

With regards to enabling the module in Japan, the Japan cert ID should be displayed on the module, not on the system

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your comment.

>> Regarding the display of the FCC ID, I'm assuming the customer can display their FCC ID.

When it's class 1 change, I don't have own FCC ID since no filing required.

Can I display QDS-BRCM1078(taken by Broadcom for 20732S) on final products?

>> With regards to enabling the module in Japan, the Japan cert ID should be displayed on the module, not on the system

Exactly. And the label must be attached by Broadcom (is permitted to add the label to the module).

How can I get the module with cert ID?

UL | Japan | Services | EMC | Certification | Japanese Radio Law

0 Likes

I will have to go back to the regulatory team to get these answers. Standby.

0 Likes

We just heard back from the regulatory team:

Customers are advised to do one of the following to leverage the Broadcom FCC approval. In either case,
the customers’ own FCC ID is required.

“Two options for the US (FCC): 

a.
Minimum Filing: Broadcom will provide authorizations for customers to do minimum filings and get FCC/IC approvals in their IDs. Integration into hosts other than approved host under the LMA requires additional testing inside the hosts and a Class 2 permissive change. 
b.

Customers to get the FCC certification at system level. Broadcom will provide authorizations for customers to leveragethe Broadcom module FCC/IC test reports.”

In cases where the module is too small to accommodate the Japan logo (min 3mm required) and ID, additional labeling options such as electronic labeling is acceptable.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your info.

I have three more questions about FCC.

1-1. So filing is required even if it's class 1 change. Is it correct?

1-2. Could I have reference form731 and other required documents?

1-3. What does "approved host under the LMA" mean? How can I get/use the approved host?

2. In my understanding, final product using 20732S isn't permitted to display Japan logo.

MIC gives the permission only to Broadcom I think.

I need to have an evidence to display the logo on final products.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could I have any update?

0 Likes

Update: We are in the process of adding Japan Telec Certification to both the BCM20736S and BCM20737S modules as Japan’s regulatory bodies would not accept implied regulatory approval (based on BCM20732S Telec) via our letter of similarity.

dmiya

0 Likes

Hi ...

Do you find a way that the Japan´s regularly body accept your letter ??

BR Michael

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. This has be accepted.

0 Likes

Oh ...

that´s good to read ... Which document describe the way to have a telec certification ?? Or how it works ??

BR Michael

0 Likes

We do not have a document available which describes how the Telec certification works.

I provided your local contact the regulatory files we can provide, one of which is Telec related.  He will send these to you.

david_armour nsankar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I have shared the documents with you via email.   Please let me know if there are any follow up questions.

Regards

Dave

0 Likes

michael.goetz@ebv.com

I thought you might be interested in a webinar we are hosting on May 3rd that covers Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

Webinar on May 3rd: Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

0 Likes

Here's the response back from our regulatory team:

So filing is required even if it's class 1 change. Is it correct?

[BRCM] We do not allow customers to use Broadcom's FCC ID, or do C1PC under Broadcom's FCC ID. Customers are advised to get their own FCC ID, and do C1PC under their ID. C1PC does not require filing to the FCC nor TCB. 

Could I have reference form731 and other required documents?

[BRCM] A customer can access the 731 form on the FCC web site.

1-3

What does "approved host under the LMA" mean? How can I get/use the approved host?

[BRCM] “Approved host under the LMA": refer to the host system tested in the original FCC certification.Customers are advised to get their own FCC ID.

In my understanding, final product using 20732S isn't permitted to display Japan logo. MIC gives the permission only to Broadcom I think. I need to have an evidence to display the logo on final products.

[BRCM] This one is driven by Broadcom marketing, so we will need to work with Broadcom Marketing to get the BCM20732S with the Japan labeling.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your support.

So who should I work with for Japan logo?

0 Likes

Can you use your local Broadcom channels and explain to them what's needed.

They can then go into the Business Unit and drive this requirement from their site.

I'm pretty sure this will be the fastest route.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are working on the Japan regulatory label issue currently. Once we have a solution we will post it to the Community site.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi nsankar,

Any update on Japan regulatory label?

Thanks,

Mehrdad

dmiya  nsankar

0 Likes

dmiyabusiness

Thought you might be interested in a webinar we are hosting on May 3rd that covers Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

Webinar on May 3rd: Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

0 Likes

Broadcom BCM20732S/BCM20736S/BCM20737S Regulatory Approvals

Note that the email address to use for regulatory submissions has changed: bcm2073xs-regulatory-list.pdl@broadcom.com

0 Likes