[20732] How many BLE device can be linked?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sirs,

I have a question about the 20732.

Assume we have a BLE ready device like mobile, hub...whatever.

We use the 20732 on our devices like the BLE block in the photo.

Then, as the subjects, how many BLE devices can be linked at the same time?

BLE.jpeg

Besides, there is a discussion about the mesh network in other thread.

What kind of the topology of the mesh it talk about?

Best regards,

Fran

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you are still in the planning stages, I'd highly recommend starting the design with the BCM20737 and a BCM92073X_LE_KIT as this product not only supports simultaneous master slave with up to 8 slaves, including Mesh networking.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

This article states the number of simultaneous slaves per master ranges between 2 and 5,917 but I don't know where or how they did the math.  Sensors | Free Full-Text | Overview and Evaluation of Bluetooth Low Energy: An Emerging Low-Power Wi...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Shawn, the article is interesting.

Maybe the best way is getting lots of EVKs to do the experiment.

0 Likes

IMHO - the "long pole in the tent", is the amount of resources available in the "BLE Ready" device, not the technology itself.  Each connection consumes memory and clock resources. 

I'm not an expert, but believe as the master, the BLE Ready device is responsible for providing the clock sources to all the slaves.   

Can you disclose what the BLE Ready device might be, or is this a philosophical question? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, you can say that a philosophical question so far, because we are still at planning stage.

There are two ways to control the devices.

One is to use the mobile device that has BLE Ready, and we just develop an app for the BLE devices.

Another is to create a device like an hub has BLE Ready to access these devices.

The purposes are the same, provisioning and control. Not only advertising.

0 Likes

If you are still in the planning stages, I'd highly recommend starting the design with the BCM20737 and a BCM92073X_LE_KIT as this product not only supports simultaneous master slave with up to 8 slaves, including Mesh networking.

0 Likes