usbuart +CDC+Vendor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
E_521156
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,
I am trying to change the descriptor of usbuart example to access to data in cdc and vendor at the same time.
I mean when I am sending data through uart to /from usb , I have access to data by control center as well. So I added vendor descriptor to that example with the same DMA channels, but nothing comes up in CC. Should I change anything else?
In device manger I can see that as a com port, but nothing appears in CC.
I attached the modified descriptor file.
Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to this KBA  Adding Communication Device Class Interface to FX3... - Cypress Developer Community  

As per the requirement vendor  + CDC interface , you can follow the steps mentioned in this KBA or use the descriptor file of the firmware shared with the KBA. The descriptor file has the same configuration as per your requirement.

The descriptor file shared by you doesn't enumerate as shown at your end. Please let me know which steps did you follow to bind the driver manually. 

The device will come up in control center only when the cypress driver (cyusb3.sys) binds to the device.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies