stuck on Benicia USB Boot Device(cyusb3014)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
liwe_284431
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I am stuck on a problem about cyusb3014.

I designed a PCB with cyusb3014-BZXI , the schematic of the PCB is almost copied by my previous project (the part of cyusb3014 in that project was working well so far).

So recently I start to debug my new PCB.

I have checked the voltage of cyusb3014 (vbus, 1.2v, 3.3v), have checked pmode pins without short circuit.

The pmode[2:0]  = 0Z1 for SPI boot first.(pmode pins are pull UP/DOWN with register and no connected with fpga)

When I plug usb3.0 cable on the board, 'Cypress Benicia USB Boot Device' is shown on the list in Control Center. This is very strange because I never seen this info before( I have desinged several PCB about cyusb3014 and all work well ).

Then I try to program Slavefifo.img to SPI, and the control center shows "programing of SPI FLSH succeeded".

I replug the cable but 'Cypress Benicia USB Boot Device' still show on the list......

I checked two same board , the phenomenon are same.

Therefore, I have some attempt :

1. change new SPI FLASH

2. exchange SPI FLASH between previous board of my previous project and new board in this time

3. change pmode[2:0] to Z11

The above attempts have been tried but 'Cypress Benicia USB Boot Device' still show on the list......

So... I have no idea where the problem might be.

Could anyone give me a cue for this?

thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello,

If the PMODE pins are not set correctly, the device may appear as Cypress Benicia Boot Device.

Please probe the SPI Clock line during boot up so that you can confirm whether there is any activity. (You should see activity on the clock line if the PMODE pins are set correctly to SPI boot).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies